Prospective pupils may visit the school at any time by prior appointment. They may also attend our Open Evening in early November.
We have an Admissions Policy which can be viewed by clicking the link below. This policy complies with the Admissions Code of Practice. If there are more applications than places available, the following criteria (in the order shown) will apply for selection:
1. All ‘looked after’ children and all children who were previously ‘looked after’, including those children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted (see definitions);
2. Pupils who have attended Fulbrook’s feeder schools i.e. Husborne Crawley, Ridgmont and Woburn Lower Schools;
3. Pupils living in the catchment area (to include the 'Parklands' Development), with siblings at the school (see definition of sibling and catchment area);
4. Other pupils living in the catchment area (to include the ‘Parklands’ Development), and Service Children with a confirmed posting to the catchment area or crown servants returning from overseas to live in the catchment area (see definition);
5. ‘Very exceptional’ medical grounds (see definition);
6. Other siblings (see definition);
7. Children of staff working at Fulbrook Academy (see definition);
8. Any other children.
* Please see the full definitions and listings in our Admissions Policy.
The Admission number for Year 5 at Fulbrook is 30 pupils.
Fulbrook Academy caters for pupils between the ages of 9 - 15.
The school has an agreed admission number of 30 for entry to Year 5. The school will retain Year 9 pupils into Year 10 as we make the transition to secondary provision over the next year with a revised published admission number (PAN) of 120 in Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 and 30 in Years 5 and 6.
In Year Applications
If your child is starting Fulbrook at any time after the initial September Year 5 entry start date, no matter where you live, please apply only through Central Bedfordshire Council at: www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or you can collect an application form from our School Office.
For a complete explanation of our admission arrangements please click the link above to view our current Admissions Policy.
In Year Applications are for:
Moving schools during the academic year
Joining a school not at the point of entry (not during the transfer phase, i.e. at the start of Year 5)
When you are moving into Central Bedfordshire
Proposed Admissions Policies for 2024-25 and 2025-26 through the transition period.
We have made suggested amendments to our Admissions Policy for pupil intake in 2023-24. This is part of our proposal to become an extended Secondary school from 2022 and the transition to a full Secondary school over the following 3 years.
The consultation has now been completed and the 2023-24 Admissions Policy has been agreed.
Please see the link below to the Consultation Letter and the proposed Admissions Policies for, 2024 and 2025, along with the previously agreed Admissions Policies for 2022 and 2023. These will help to show the transition in context.
How to Apply
Parents apply for a place for their child at Fulbrook usually from Bedfordshire,
Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes. The application process is dependent on where you live, and when you apply during the school year.
The Process is as follows, but please contact the School Office if you need further information:
If your child is starting Fulbrook in Year 5 at the point of entry in September, you should apply for a place through the County in which you have your main residence.
Listed below are the names and telephone numbers of our neighbouring local authorities. please contact the local authority for the area in which you live, if you wish to apply for a school place at Fulbrook.
If you require any other information please contact the school by;
The time and effort taken to ensure a smooth transition from Lower School was excellent - our son felt comfortable with Fulbrook before starting